Talent Development Program in Baseco
Smokey Tours conducts slum tours in BASECO. Since BASECO is being used as the „tourist attraction“ for people who do the slum tours, it is a wish for Smokey Tours to give something back to the BASECO community. Ideally in a way that many BASECO residents perceive the presence of Smokey Tours as beneficial.
A Talent Development Program will be open and accessible to all BASECO residents. The Talent Development Program will provide more continuity than a one-time project intervention.
- Suitable Tour Leaders are active in the Talent Development Program. The Tour Leaders are in charge of „managing“ the weekly operations.
- The Talent Development Program is offering services to BASECO residents, who are looking for a job. The services offered should help the residents to be more empowered / getting a job / open to set up a business etc.
- We have volunteers, who are offering trainings / support which interest BASECO residents on various topics.
Our INPUT: The Services offered.
- CV writing and editing.
- How to write an Application letter.
- Speech training, body-language (e.g. how to be confident).
- Borrowing elegant clothes for job interviews.
- Preparation activities for job interviews.
- Training on how to look for open jobs, online and other sources /social media and job market.
- Training on how to use e-mails, open up email accounts if needed.
- Provide information on possible employers within Metro Manila.
- Organize job-fairs.
- Trainings for entrepreneurs / „how to manage your own business“.
- On-demand trainings on specific topic / skill.
- Services helping to get papers: Valid ID, NBI Clearance.
- Number of people who attended a training.
- Number of people who received job-coaching.
- Number of CVs written.
- Number of application letters written.
- Number of interviews held.
- Number of people who found a (new) job.
- Number of people who are independently able to do a professional application.
- Number of new businesses opened up.
- Empowered and more confident BASECO residents.
At this very moment we have a 8-session Talent Development Program run by one of our volunteers, every tuesday.
- Lower unemployment rate in BASECO.
- Higher monthly average household income.
- Number of people / families who could leave BASECO behind.
Let us know if you are interested to: